Week 1 Updates

Beginning of the first week, we naturally attracted to a specific product, "Liquid Death". The product is extremely memorable when it comes to it's branding and had many potential routes that we could take it as well. The idea that we first put together is a type of commercial that plays with "horror" elements while also being attractive for a drink commercial.


For the live action plate, we decided as a team to make our live action plate our background plate. This was decided due to the fact we had some issue deciding what our overall environment would be. For the background, we decided to do a dark and moody kitchen with hints of earthy tones.

It is still being decided whether or not the background plate will be footage we record ourselves or footage we grab via online. This decision is taking high priority in week 2 when we will lock down the live action plate.


For the Lighting, we chose to do a dark and moody theme in order to match with the theme of death from our product. This of course will come with its challenges in the future such as preventing the environment from becoming to dark or making it difficult for integrating the live background plate into the scene.

While the team was discussing the lighting for the commercial. We went ahead and created a color script as well to reference in the future. We will most likely use the color script in the future in order to keep the color relationship between the product and environment balanced.